- Lijit Search
About Mafia Wars
News items from February 2013
The item, Color Commentator (235 Attack/160 Defense) has now been credited to your account inventory for taking this survey.
Please Note: In case, you have taken the survey and have not received this item, it is because you’ve not entered a valid Facebook Profile URL as mentioned in the Terms & Conditions section of the survey.
The Mafia Wars Team
Zynga’s Mafia Wars has teamed up with the Fisher House Foundation to help provide a “home away from home” for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and VA medical centers. The homes provide temporary free lodging so families can be close to their loved ones during a medical crisis.
To help the Fisher House Foundation, we have released two special Limited Edition items for purchase - the Family Beach (223/158) and the Housing Volunteer (163/228). These are available for a limited time starting at 2:00 AM on Feb 27th 2013 PST until March 6th 2013, 23:59 PST.
Here are few important points to keep in mind:
THE PHILANTHROPIST CONTEST RULES
How to Enter:
Starting at 2:00 AM on February 27th, 2013 PST, players will be able to access the Mafia Wars event titled, “Home Away From Home.” Players will have the opportunity to spend Reward Points on two virtual items within this event: Housing Volunteer (163/228) and Family Beach (223/158). The player who spends the most Reward Points on or before the end of the event wins the opportunity to be used as an inspiration for a future non-playing character in Mafia Wars called, “The Philanthropist.” Qualifying purchases must be made by 11:59PM PST, March 6, 2013.
Terms and Conditions
- Purchases made are not tax deductible.
- Zynga will donate its entire share (70%) of the in-game currency purchase price to Fisher House.
- The winner will be contacted approximately one week after the promotion’s end via in-game messaging, wherein the winner will need to provide his or her email address for additional communications from Zynga. The winner must respond to the in-game notification within seven (7) days of the time it is sent. Failure to respond within the 7-day period will indicate definitively that the prize has been declined and an alternative winner may be selected.
- No refunds on any purchases made within Mafia Wars.
- The prize is not assignable or transferable. No cash equivalents of the prize identified herein, or substitutions, will be allowed except in the sole discretion of Zynga.
- In the event there is a tie, the player who was the first in time to achieve the winning highest amount wins.
- This contest is open to Mafia Wars users aged 18 or older that have an account in good standing with Zynga.
- By agreeing to participate, you will be indicating that Zynga has permission to: (1) feature your name on a highest contributor leaderboard (if applicable), and (2) announce your name if you are chosen as the winner.
- You understand that you may need to execute additional documents and grant additional releases in order to be used as inspiration for an in-game character.
- Zynga, in its sole discretion, will control the appearance of the NPC, the date on which it is made a part of the game, and the duration of its presence in the game.
Visit www.fisherhouse.org for more information.
CLICK HERE to buy the items!
Donate now to stand a chance to be ‘The Philanthropist’ in Mafia Wars!
-The Mafia Wars Team
Enlist in the Daily Fix Program to perform daily tasks and master the Tiers to earn amazing daily rewards.
In order to maintain the stability of this feature, we are rolling it out gradually. Some of our players may not be able to see the Daily Fix feature on their accounts right now.
Q: What is Daily Fix?
A: Daily Fix is a new feature in which you have to complete featured daily tasks and earn Daily Clips. Upon successful completion of these tasks, you will be eligible to collect daily rewards. There are various mastery levels and Rewards based on the amount of Daily Clips earned.
Q: How do I start?
A: Join the program by clicking on the “Enlist” button on Home Page module.
Clicking on “Enlist” will remove the Home Page module and you will be redirected to the Daily Fix main-page.
Click on “Start” to start working on your first Daily Task. Clicking on Start will take you directly to the featured task.
Q: How can I access Daily Fix after enlisting?
A: Once you have enlisted yourself into the program, you can access Daily Fix directly from the Game Progress section or from the Profile page:
Q: What are the Rewards? How does the program work?
A: After enlisting yourself into the Program, you will be required to complete Daily Tasks allotted to you and earn Daily Clips. Daily tasks will reset at 12 Midnight Pacific Time every day.
Upon completing the tasks, you will see a “Collect” button on the Daily Fix page.
Click on “Collect” to receive the rewards for that day. Collecting the reward will register your Daily Clip for the day.
Please note: You are required to collect the Rewards every day by completing the tasks and clicking on “Collect” button. These rewards will NOT be credited to your account automatically.
Once you enlist into the program, you will be able to see the following sections on the Daily Fix page:
A. Mastery Tier progress bar:
This bar indicates the Mastery Tiers of your Daily Fix program. Each section of the Mastery Bar indicates Daily Clips earned successfully.
Daily Fix program counts your progress for the last 28 days from the current day and in order to reach the highest level of mastery (Ruby Level), you are required to complete at least 21 daily tasks out of 28.
Below are the various Mastery Levels and associated Daily Rewards:
1. Bronze Level: Achieved after earning at least one Daily Clip in the Daily Fix program in the last 28 days.
After you achieve the Bronze Mastery Level, you will be eligible to collect one Special Loot every day from Home Page after completing the task for that particular day.
2. Silver Level: Achieved after earning at least 8 Daily Clips in the last 28 days.
After you achieve the Silver Mastery Level, you will be eligible to collect a daily reward of 3x Special Loot and 1 random Arena Power UP from Home Page after completing the task for that particular day.
3. Gold Level: Achieved after earning at least 15 Daily Clips in the last 28 days.
After you achieve the Gold Mastery Level, you will be eligible to collect a daily reward of 7x Special Loot and 3x random Arena Power UPs from Home Page after completing the task for that particular day. You will also be eligible for Bronze Level help for your Family Progression.
4. Ruby Level: Achieved after earning at least 21 Daily Clips in the last 28 days.
After you achieve the Ruby Mastery Level, you will be eligible to collect 15x Special Loot and 3x random Arena Power UPs and 1 Reward Point every day from Home Page after completing the task for that particular day. You will also be eligible for Bronze Level help for your Family Progression.
B. Daily Clips and Daily Task Status:
On the Daily Fix page, you will be able to view the number of total Daily Clips collected in the past 28 days:
After completing the task for present day, you will be able to collect the Rewards from the Daily Fix page or the Home Page:
Once you collect the Rewards, you will receive a confirmation of credited Reward and the Daily Clips status will be updated:
Q: If I am unable to complete the Daily Tasks for a given day, will I have to start all over again?
A: No, the program is designed to count the overall number of Daily Clips collected in the last 28 days from the present day.
Missing a Daily Task may cause a delay in achieving mastery tiers but you will still remain in the Program as long as you have enough number of Clips required for any of the Mastery Tiers.
Please see the below example:
Q: How does Family Progression Help work?
A: When you reach the Gold Tier of Daily Fix, you will also receive Bronze level of Family Progression along with the Daily rewards.
Once you complete the daily task and click on “Collect”, the Family Progression will automatically completed to Bronze Level as well.
Q: What will happen if I am unable to earn Daily Clips for the last 28 days?
A: If no Daily Clips are earned in the last 28 days, you will automatically be removed from the program and will have to Enlist again to continue enjoying these benefits.
-The Mafia Wars Team
Purchase Apocalypse or Classic Crates, collect featured items on the Crate Carnival board to win great Rewards!
Once you have completed the Mastery round, you can start again.
Please note: Crates obtained through Crate Bundle, Starter Packs, Booster Pack, Mega Pack and Stuffed Crates do not qualify for Crate Carnival. Direct Crate purchases made from the Marketplace or the Crate Carnival feature will be considered for your progress in Crate Carnival.
Q: When will the Crate Carnival start?
A: Crate Carnival is a limited time feature which will start on Feb 19, 2013 9 PM Pacific Time and will end on March 05, 2013 9 PM Pacific Time.
Q: What is Crate Carnival?
A: Crate Carnival is a limited time Marketplace event. Buy more crates from Marketplace, collect featured items from them and win great Rewards.
Q: How does it work?
A: You will be able to see the Crate Carnival module on the Home Page. Click on the “Play Now” button to start playing
Clicking on Play Now will take you to the Crate Carnival Board.
You will be able to see the following sections on the game board:
1 Start Time: This time-stamp indicates the following:
a. Start Time: The time when you started playing Crate Carnival (while playing for the first time) which, by default is Feb 19, 2013 9 PM PT. Please note that the items obtained from Crates purchases ONLY beyond this time will be considered for the current Carnival progress/Mastery round. In other words, previous purchases or items acquired from Crates before this time stamp will NOT be counted for progress in the current Crate Carnival.
b. Restart Time: The time when you re-started the Crate Carnival (after completing the mastery/progress) or clicked on the “Restart Crate Carnival” button. Please note that the items obtained from Crates purchases ONLY beyond this time will be considered for the current Carnival progress/Mastery round. In other words, previous purchases or items acquired from Crates before this time stamp will NOT be counted for progress in the current Crate Carnival.
2. Featured Item Slots: You will be able to see Featured Item Slots (shown below) which will have the Featured Items for Crates Carnival greyed-out, until you find them in your Crate purchases.
Hover over the Item Slots to see which Crate they belong to.
You will need to purchase the respective Crate for a chance to find these items and to progress further in the Crate Carnival.
Once you find a Featured Item in the Crate, the Item Slot will show the item image instead of being greyed-out:
3. Progress Bar: This bar will indicate the progress of items collected for the current Crate Carnival Mastery round. When you buy a Crate and receive any of the featured items for the first time, you will be notified through a purchase confirmation pop-up and the progress bar will be check marked:
Please note that the Featured Items in the Crate Carnival will be highlighted only for the first time you obtain them during a Mastery round. If you receive these items again in the same mastery round, they will not be highlighted.
The Mastery round progress will be visible on the Home Page module and Crate Carnival game-board as well.
Q: What are the Rewards?
A: Once you collect all the 8 Featured Items from your Crate Purchases, you will complete the Crate Carnival game board and will receive a Drug Dealer (254/185) and 30 Skill Points.
Please note that ONLY those items obtained from Crates which are purchased after the Start Time will be counted for progress in the Crate Carnival.
Q: Can I restart the Crate Carnival?
A: Yes, you can restart the Crate Carnival either by clicking on “Restart Carnival” button on the Rewards Screen OR “Restart Crate Carnival” button on the Home Page module.
Q: Why does “Start Time” change after restarting Crate Carnival?
A: The Start Time will change as soon as you restart the Crate Carnival. Once you restart the Crate Carnival, purchases made ONLY beyond the new Start Time will be counted for the Carnival progress. Previous purchases or items acquired from Crates before restarting Crate Carnival will NOT be counted for progress in the current Carnival Mastery round.
Q: What if I purchase Crates directly through Marketplace? Will the purchases count for the event?
A: Yes, the purchases made directly from Marketplace will count for Crate Carnival and Mastery round progress will be shown along with the purchase:
Q: Will the Crates obtained through Starter Packs or Booster Packs apply for the progress in Crate Carnival?
A: Unfortunately, not. Crates obtained through Crate Bundle, Starter Packs, Booster Pack, Mega Pack and Stuffed Crates do not qualify for Crate Carnival. Direct Crate purchases made from the Marketplace or the Crate Carnival feature will be considered for your progress in Crate Carnival.
-The Mafia Wars Team
Dear Mafia Wars players,
As 2013 gets underway, the entire Mafia Wars team here is excited about the new features we are working on to make your favorite game even more fun, engaging and rewarding. Today, we wanted to share some of our upcoming new features and events that will be launching over the next few months in Mafia Wars:
1. Mafia Wars players have been requesting a new city for a while now. We recently published the survey for the next Mafia Wars city. Based on your feedback, we’ll be releasing a brand new city for all of you to enjoy soon. Vote now http://zynga.tm/p1h if you haven’t already.
2. Given the positive response from our player community to the Arena, we will be adding a number of social features: Families will now be able to battle each other and amongst themselves in private rooms and you will be able to challenge rivals or create an instant rematch after finishing an arena. In addition, we will be adding multiple new PvP (Player vs Player) modes and events.
3. The Operation: Italian Files was very well received by our players and you have asked us for more events like these. Look out for more Operations - coming soon!
Stay tuned! We will be sharing more of our plans for Mafia Wars regularly on this blog.
Please feel free to leave your suggestions and feedback about the game in this link: http://zynga.tm/iXa
-The Mafia Wars Team
Here are the top 10 winners of the Arena Mastery event. The rewards have been credited to the winner accounts on Feb 15th 2013 PST.
Congratulations to all the winners!
-The Mafia Wars Team
Our players requested us to put up the Job Board results for at least a day in the game. We'll try to implement this change from the future seasons of Job Boards.
The winners for this season will receive their rewards by the end of Feb 13th PST.
Top 1000 winners for this season are mentioned in the list below:
On our players request, we've added the stats back to the Daily Take items.
-The Mafia Wars Team
Break a few hearts. Here’s your chance to unlock a greater deal every day, for the next seven days!
-The Mafia Wars Team